2 Minute Read:
Nobody enjoys a dull and yellow smile. Your teeth can stain for many reasons, such as smoking or drinking coffee, tea, and soda. And while brushing and flossing can help you maintain a healthy smile, they may not provide you with the bright white smile you have always wanted.
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, almost 90 percent of patients request teeth whitening.
There are several reasons why someone may want to whiten their teeth. These include:
- Trying to impress a future employer
- Special occasions, such as weddings or reunions
- Wanting to show off your bright white smile every day
What Is Zoom! Teeth Whitening?
Zoom! Teeth Whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that offers patients a long-lasting white smile.
Most patients experience a brighter, whiter smile for over one year.
- The process begins by covering the lips and gums for protection and to expose the teeth.
- The Zoom! hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is brushed onto the teeth.
- The Zoom! laser light is applied for three 15-minute treatment sessions to break through the discoloration.
- The entire process takes less than one hour.
How Should I Prepare for My Zoom! Teeth Whitening?
Before undergoing Zoom! Teeth Whitening, you will need to make a consultation with your dentist to ensure the health of your teeth and gums.
Your dentist might recommend whitening your teeth if you plan on undergoing any future procedures such as veneers, crowns, or if you have just removed your braces.
What Results Can I Expect After Zoom! Teeth Whitening?
After the 45 minute procedure, a sensitivity reducing gel will be applied to the teeth for your comfort.
After Zoom! Teeth Whitening, there is a possibility you may experience some sensitivity or discomfort, but it will diminish quickly. Zoom! Teeth Whitening is a long-lasting procedure that can last upwards of one year.
To help maintain the results, avoid certain foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, soda, and red wine.